Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Thursday, August 15, 2019

HI HO, HI HO, TO ANOTHER ADVENTURE WE GO !!

Where are we headed this time? To New England through Pennsylvania, but mostly Maine. I haven;t been to Maine in several years although David goes pretty much once a year. We should be traveling for a few weeks and we are hoping to get out of the heat and have a great time.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share yet--maybe tomorrow. I had to meet customers at the quilt shop between 1 and 2 Wednesday. Rather than give up that whole day of vacation we decided to leave right after I left the shop. We had most things packed in the MH on Tuesday. Wednesday morning David made one last run with things to the MH while I got ready to go to the shop. When he came back we loaded up the kitties and drove to the MH which we keep in a storage facility.There's  no room for it at the house and we can keep it plugged in and covered over there.As usual Finnegan threw up on the way over, but we were prepared and it was no big deal any more. We used to give him Ace to calm him down, but he still threw up, so it isn't worth it getting a pill down him, just to make him a little drowsy. He travels in his "Cat in a Bag" so he is in my lap getting loved on the whole way over. I put a big towel out for him to throw up in and we're all good. I think he holds his last 3 meals in his stomach just so he can throw up for us. LOL. We know he's going to do it, so why fight it? Once he throws up, he's fine.

I dropped David and the kitties off at the MH and headed to the shop. Since we were going to be driving right up I-75 towards Knoxville it didn't make sense for me to drive back to the MH. I was in David's car which we tow, so David met me at the Walmart parking lot right off I-75 and  except for the horrible heat it was Easy Peasy!

We had reservations at the KOA just north of Knoxville. We've never stayed here before, but it got us up the road a 100 miles or so and will reduce out driving for tomorrow. The campground is actually in Clinton, TN which is just a hop, skip and jump from ROCKY TOP, TENNESSEE. I always wondered where Rocky Top was. Now I know.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq94Q0APkgM

Love Miss Dolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment