Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Bentley and His Great Escape

I woke up about 4 am and decided since I was awake I would try and catch a view of the sunrise at the campground. It was so quiet and still and no one was up--not even the campers dogs. I put on a sweater over my PJs and walked in the wet grass (so no one would hear me) down to the dock. I waited as the sun began to come up. David was still in bed. The view over the bay was beautiful.
 After a few minutes I got a text from David, "where are you"? "In front" I answered.
"Of what"? he said. "The light" I replied. There was a big light in the campground right in the roadway. A few minutes later he came out to join me. I walked back up to the MH and he was bringing me out a cup of coffee while we watched the sun come up. Just as he opened the door Bentley came running out like a bolt of lightening. He ran all around. Free at last!!!!Every time we got close, he ran some where else. That darn cat. There we were in the dark, & me in my PJs chasing Bentley around like a couple of idiots. He was so proud of himself, out smarting us. He would stop for a minute and try to eat some grass and run when we got near. DARN CAT!!!!! All we needed was for him to run under the trailer up the hill where we couldn't get to him and wake up every dog in the CG. We tried to sneak up on him numerous times and finally I was able to get him. No walks in the stroller for you today Bentley. He has become a little too brave. BAD KITTY. And he knew it too. He was laughing at us the whole time I'm sure.


After getting our coffee we walked back down to the water. The reflection in the water was so beautiful and still it was dark and no one up but us. THANK goodness after that episode with Bentley.
There was a LOT of activity in the water too. The fish were going crazy. You can see in this picture all the motion from the fish in the water. Good time for a fishing pole. There was a seal that swam over towards us also.  We had plans to go to Lubec and Campobello today. I hope we have better luck there.

No comments:

Post a Comment