Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Friday, March 27, 2020

THE LAST DAY AT MYRTLE BEACH

The last day it actually warmed up into the 70's and was very enjoyable. The Meyers  came over,  each wearing a different one of the Disney shirts I had made them. It was so nice to see them in them and so sad to remember that we should have been wearing them at Disney.  😭 Maybe one day we'll get to do that.

The Meyers had a chance to play mini golf with the kids at a mini golf course in Myrtle Beach. There seemed to be mini golf courses on every corner. This town is just full of things to do with the kids. They have Pirate Adventures, Amusement Parks, go carts and lots of other things for kids and adults.


                                  It was a fun day, relaxing and yet fun things to do.

I had been trying to make Emma some Barbie clothes for her Barbie and I brought them along  to give them to her. These were my first attempts at sewing something so tiny. I had planned to take out my sewing machine and make some more outfits while we were together, but never did. I guess I just wasn't in the mood and by the time I got everything set up to cut and sew it would be time  to put it away for dinner. So, I'll just do that at home and send them to her. These are a few things I've made for her. I'm still learning which fabrics work well and which do not.

   A tee shirt and denim skirt (like Najla likes to wear). I also made a pair of denim shorts, but never took a picture. I made another T shirt in a hot pink (no picture).




I had a few others, but forgot to take pictures.
Emma had a good time playing with them since she brought her Barbie's  along with her.

After dinner we had a great time playing bingo. The last time we were together we had a  Lucy Hammett Nature Bingo game and we had so much fun I ordered a couple more, We played several rounds of Camping Bingo and Bug Bingo. Trevor was so funny. Every time someone else won or he didn't have the item called on his card he yelled "OH--COME ON!!!!" We were all yelling it by the end. Trevor is so funny and we had a fun time.




The Meyers left the afternoon of the next day so they could be back home the following day. With the coronvirus thing heating up and the animal hospital they needed to get back to their business. It was sad to see them go, but we were so glad we could spent time with them.

David and I decided to stay an extra day since we weren't scheduled to be home for a few more days  and the weather was nice enough to stay outside. 
We put Bentley in Finnegan's "cat in a bag carrier" and took him for a walk on the beach. Other than the fact that the wind was blowing 16 mph it was a nice walk..He was very leery of the ocean since it made such a loud sound.



He's such a sweet boy.

We left Myrtle Beach and headed for home the next  day stopping over night at The Barnyard campground in Georgia. It was uneventful and the boys were so good. They all got along so well in the MH this trip.



It wouldn't be a blog post without kitty pictures.

We arrived home safely and once we cleaned everything out of the motor home, it was back to work--------------quilting as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment