Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Enjoying Pennsylvania and Eating Too Much Food

 After we arrived we did a quick trip to our favorite grocery in East Earl, Shady Maple. This store has everything including whoopie pies and Chicken Pot Pies. It's like an Amish Whole Foods, but with better prices. We knew we had to get there as soon as possible because they are closed on Sundays and Monday is Labor Day.



Yep, we bought too many whoopies and some chicken pot pies for dinner. We also had to go to Goody's next door which is like an Amish Walmart, but with so much more. They just have everything, clothes, hardware, kitchen stuff, garden stuff and lots of fabrics, embroidery stuff, yarn, buttons, curtain, you name it and they have it. We really went there because during our drive to Intercourse David had to slam on the brakes and our coffee pot went flying and the reservoir broke, so we needed a new coffee pot. We couldn't go without that for the next of the trip.

For dinner on Saturday I made country fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy. I haven't made it in a long time, but it's usually a favorite of the kids, but probably not grandkids. But it is awfully filling.







I'm stuffed just thinkg about it.  Too much food, but that didn't keep us from eating plenty.

On Saturday we went over to the little village and walked around, had a foaming caramel cold coffee. You have to wear a mask in public, but everything was open.  I checked out 2 quilt shops and a yarn shop. The Old Country Store Quilt Shop is always fabulous, but I have so much fabric to quilt up already. The Lancaster Yarn Shop was right across the street and I had to check them out too The last time I was there I bought some sock yarn and they didn't seem to have much inventory then. This time they had more and everything was gorgeous. I saw these 2 sweaters and took pictures so that I coud get the patterns, and yes I did buy some yarn in a butter color.

This one is a bit close up because I wanted to capture the pattern name on the tag which is Early Bloomer.


I really liked this one also

One morning we woke up and there was a duck sitting on the edge of neighbors awning taking a bath. I don't think the neighbors knew it was there, but 2 of our cats were enjoying the view.




And a big breakfast for Sunday which meant we wern't very hungry the rest of the day. Ham and eggs, hashbrowns and biscuits. It's a lazy day in Intercourse on Sundays.


We didn't do a lot of things that we normally do when we are here, but it was just nice to relax and hang out with the kitties. On Labor Day we had a nice meal of chicken fried rice on the Blackstone griddle. Yep, there  we are, eating again.


On Monday, we needed to go get gas in David's car, so we rode over to the Ronks area and back. The farms are just so pretty here and we went down a road with a one lane covered brige.








On Wenesday we had to head for home because I had customers to meet me on Friday morning. We decided to go across the way to the store that had a big parking lot to hook up the car. When we got there I noticed familes of Amish walking their children to school. When I turned around the school house was right behind me. School must start at 8:30 and since it was only 8:00 the kids were all out in the field playing ball until school started. The kids were all ages playing together.





We always love coming to this area and hate to leave no matter how long we are there. The visit is never long enough.













No comments:

Post a Comment