Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A Quilty Day

We had a nice day in Paducah, KY. After breakfast we headed over to Hancocks of Paducah to check out the fabric selection. They have an enormous selection of fabrics.  There is nothing I need, but it is still fun to browse. It would have been more fun if I needed something. I did find a few white and off whites with writing or scripts on them which will be good to add to some of my scrappy light backgrounds. I also found the Row by Row fabric with the tags of various quilt shops across the country. This was something I HAD to get because it has Chattanooga Quilts RXR tag in it, I don't do RXR, but I thought Kim might like a little piece of it. Usually I'm really excited about going to Hancocks, but not his time. I guess I just so overwhelmed with all of the fabric I have at home that I need to piece.

Next, we went to the National Quilt Museum in Paducah. The quilts there are show winners and absolutely outstanding quilts. There were many from the 1980's which were very traditional and also more modern, recent show winners by Caryl Beyer Fallert, Janet Stone (who always puts sheep in her quilts) and others. We really enjoyed our visit there. The quilts are always fantastic to see with spectacular quilting. It is against museum policy to take pictures in the museum, so I wasn't able to photograph my favorites.


While in the museum there was a horrific storm and a lot of rain. We had left our chairs outside the motor home along with Bentley's stroller, so they were drenched. Oh well, they'll dry out.

After the museum we went for lunch at Boudreaux's Swamp Shack a new Cajun restaurant here in Paducah. David had fish (we're aren't sure what kind) and red beans and rice and I had fried shrimp, It was very good. A nice relaxing day.


1 comment:

  1. A visit to Paducah is always fun. Looks like you found a great place to eat.

    ReplyDelete