Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Friday, September 15, 2017

Quick Trip to Tulsa, OK

Over Labor Day weekend we made a quick trip to the Tulsa area to pick up a used longarm quilting machine. When I say quick, I mean 5 days which is as quick as we could do it. Two and a half days there and two and a half days back. We like to travel no more than 300 miles  a day, so that's the way it worked out. The first night we stayed in Tom Sawyer's RV Park which is right on the Mississippi River. It was right after Hurricane Harvey and we were a bit concerned about the river flooding or being too high, but it was fine. It was a pleasant stay. We always enjoy watching the barges go up and down the Mississippi.It's one of our favorite campgrounds.




On the road while traveling I always have to have a project to work on. This trip I worked on a pair of tweed gray socks. I try to do a couple of pairs for each winter.




Bentley enjoyed riding on the dashboard and looking out, at least for a little while.




The kitties each have their favorite places to lay while traveling. Finny likes the back of the couch or on the couch. Bentley likes riding in the bed under the quilt or on the couch and Nicholas likes under my chair or in David;s lap.


At any rate, we made it safely to Tulsa and back with a new (to me) quilting machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment