Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Thursday, June 30, 2022

North Hampton, NH

 We headed out of the Newburgh, NY campground for New Hampshire. We had about 260 miles to travel so we thought we would get gas nearby instead of taking a chance with the high prices in Connecticut. We found an easily accessible gas station a few miles down the road for $5.01/gallon. It was a good thing we weren't on empty. I didn't realize it, but we were very close to West Point and to Hyde Park, NY. Too bad, we didn't have enough time to sight see.


We crossed the Hudson River north of NYC and by Brewster, NY. Every time I think of Brewster, NY, I think of the TV show That Girl. That's where the character Ann Marie (Marlo Thomas) was from. Anyway, on thru Connecticut, Massachusetts and into New Hampshire. We were staying at the Sea Coast campground on US1 about 10 miles into New Hampshire. It was also about 10 miles from Maine too.

As soon as we checked in, we looked for a place to eat. It was about 3 in the afternoon, and we had only eaten a donut all day, so we were starving. There was a seafood restaurant just a few minutes away, Al's Seafood, so away we went.

Al's was an odd place. You placed your order at the window and went inside to eat. We both ordered a cup of clam chowder and the fried haddock and fries' basket. It was a smaller portion than the dinner portion, but the meal game to   $47.00 without tip. Thanks Biden. We noticed all of the prices were quite high here. A lobster roll with 6 oz of lobster is $30-$32. Yikes.

                                                 

 



I must say, the food was perfect. Great clam chowder and the fish and fries were excellent.

The campground we were in was very nice. They have a lot of rules, but it's clean and quiet and very comfortable. We sat outside with the kitties for a while and I pushed Finnegan all around the campground. And then Bentley.

                                         It was a pretty campground, with flowers planted all around.


                                   Finny was a little nervous, but he did fine. After he gets back, he lays in the                                                                             doorway looking out at everything like he wanted to come                                                                                           back out again.





                                         The next day was pretty quiet. More kitty strolls around the park, a trip to the grocery for more bottled water for the kitty fountain. We did see a L L Bean Outlet about half a mile away. I have stopped ordering from LL Bean due to their support for BLM, but I did check out the outlet store and found some of the flip flops I wear all the time. I wear them summer, winter, spring and fall. They have very thick foam support and keep my foot and ankle from hurting when I am standing all day. I broke my foot and ankle about 17 years ago and re-injured it Jan 21, so I need something comfortable to stand on.

                                                        


The next day we went to Kittery, Maine to the outlet malls, over the old draw bridge. We only bought 2 T shirts. Again, it was about 2:30 and we hadn't eaten so we had lunch at the Weathervane Restaurant. We ate there when Ryan was little, so that's how long it's been since we were in this area. 
David ordered a cup of clam chowder, and the Admiral platter and I ordered clam strips and small, sweet Maine shrimp. I had a few bites of his clam chowder. It was excellent and the food was too.
Definitely a great place to get good seafood.



Can you say-----a lot of food? This was my clam strips, shrimp and fries. 

The next day, I did some laundry. I couldn't believe the amount for the wash at the campground. $3,50 to wash 1 load and $2.00 to dry. Thank goodness I only had 2 loads. Just sheets and towels.

I noticed a fabric and yarn shop just a few blocks from the campground. David opted to stay home while I went to the shop. It was a very small shop, and they didn't have a lot of fabrics, but what they had was very nice and things you don't usually see in every quilt ship. They also had some nice clothinf fabrics and they were a Bernina dealer. I found a few fat quarters of peach to go with my other peaches and a gorgeous new fabric that had just come in with teal, orange, and peach flowers. I also needed a new knitting needle, a 40-inch size 6. The one I am using is horrible. Luckily, they had one that had just come in. 

Went back to the campground and we cleaned out David's car, put the clean sheets on the bed and relaxed. About 4pm, I wanted ice cream, so we took a ride over to the beach on A1A for ice cream along the boardwalk. Wow, you see everything there. It looked pretty seedy, but the beach was beautiful.




  

On the way home we drove along the coast and the lovely mansions and houses overlooking the water. Some looked very historic.






It was such a beautiful drive, but a little difficult to take pictures while we were moving.

Later, we went to a nearby wood fired oven pizza place for dinner. The pizza was good, but not great.


Tomorrow, we are headed to Coos Canyon Campground in Byron, Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment