Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Friday, June 24, 2022

Rain, Rain, Go Away

 Thursday, it rained the whole morning and was quite cloudy the rest of the day. My goal today was to hit some of the quilt shops in Intercourse. There's nothing I need, but I have to look. My friends Madonna and Jim are coming up on Saturday and she will be looking for some fabric for some charity bears she will be making in the future. I wanted to help her out by scoping out what is available here.

We went first to The Old Country Store in Intercourse. That is such a nice store, and they always have a LOT of great fabrics and notions as well as nice Amish made quilts and a kitchen section. They sold to a new owner a couple of years ago and dropped their prices to about $10.50 to $11.00 a yard. I only bought a small bundle of neutrals.

After that shop I went across the street to the Lancaster yarn shop. OH brother!!!! I could have bought some of all their yarns. They were super yarns. I also wanted to show Wendy, the owner what I had made with the last yarn I bought from her, a few years ago, which was this. Wool with silk and alpaca. It's so soft and warm.




I saw this sample in the shop and had to have yarn for this. 

Next, right down the street was Zooks fabrics. They used to have very good prices, but they were recently sold and now their prices are high. The selection was OK, but not one of my favorite shops with these prices. The older Mennonite sales ladies are gone, replaced by younger ones. The shop still has the lower level with notions, and Amish clothing fabric that caters to the local Amish. In the back of the store there is a place the Amish can park their buggies and tie up their horses.




Right next door is Immergut Soft Pretzel Shop. Last time we were here I didn't get my big soft pretzel. so, this time I made sure I got one. They are so good, and that was lunch. While we were sitting outside eating, I took some pictures of the little town. I didn't mean to get these Amish in my picture, they just rode into the view of the camera on their buggy.


We walked to the corner to Kichen Kettle Village which is a tourist trap, but it's been here forever. On our first visit here, Ryan was about 9 yrs old and there was an old black man playing the banjo. He was here several visits after that, but not today.


                                                David in front of his favorite coffee shop.


After that we went across the street to Stolzfus Meats. Wow, what a selection. We bought some hamburger patties for dinner.

On the way back to the campground we drove past the campground we usually stay in. They didn't have an availability for us this trip, but maybe next time. We love staying there because every Friday an Amish family drives through with their horse and wagon loaded down with pies, cakes, bread and cookies to sell. We did want to check out Sam's farm which is right across the street.
Right as we came around the corner Sam's big old rooster walked in front of us.




Back at the motorhome we decided to have hamburgers on the grill for dinner. Look at the size of my Shady Maple tomato!!! It's bigger than my hamburger. The meat is under the tomato. LOL.


On Friday I visited a couple more fabric shops. Zincks Outlet is one I have never visited before. It was down the road from Shady Maple and in a warehouse area and hard to find. They had a lot of quilting fabric as well as polyester, drapery fabric, lace fabric, upholstery fabric, sheeting and even mesh fabric to make men's underwear. You could buy it by the yard or buy the bolt. Most of it was $2.99 a yard. I bought some quilt backing and some fabric for a couple of pairs of pants and a top. What a huge place.




Back to the motorhome for time with the kitties.

Finnegan in his bag. he was a little nervous, but he did enjoy sitting out.



Bentley always enjoys sitting out or going for a walk.

We bought 2 baking potatoes at Shady Maple. Together they weighted 3.5 lbs. And cost was $3.00.
So that was our dinner Friday night. They were huge and we are stuffed.



No comments:

Post a Comment