Sunrise in Monument Valley

Sunrise in Monument Valley

Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 24 Relaxing in Tahoe

Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. I've been here a couple of times about 30 yrs ago just as a drive through and I knew it was an a place I wanted to come back to and spend more time. The ponderosa pines in the area are very tall and the whole area is like no other area we have visited so far. Today we had nothing on our schedule, but we did manage to fill the day.

We went to The Red Hut for breakfast.We looked at their reviews on line and I must say they did not disappoint.

I had the pancakes and eggs. The pancakes were definitely homemad, freshly made and very LARGE.
 David ordered the western omelet, hash browns and toast. And NO that is not a small plate.
 
After breakfast we went to Pet Supermarket to buy the kitties more food and then I visited 2 local quilt shops. I was somewhat disappointed in the type and selection of fabrics. One particularly, based on their website looked very inviting and looked like they would have been a great shop. It was not. Old fabrics, which looked like a hodge podge of leftovers. No collections--just very disappointing. The other was somewhat better and I did find a few bolt ends of small amounts of neutrals which I never seem to have enough of.
I even found time to sit outside and sew a little.

The kitties joined me for a while. Mid afternoon we decided to take a ride all around Lake Tahoe. In the previous visits I had to Lake Tahoe, I had never been able to go all the way around--so this was our chance. The views and drive were breath taking. We drove clockwise around the lake leaving from our CG at Zephyr Cove, NV.
 
 Our CG is right across the street from the lake at Zephyr Cove Marina and beach and this is our view.
The following are the views as we drove around the lake.These pictures were taken at Inspiration Point. If you look at a map of Lake Tahoe as if it were a clock it is at about the 7:30 position.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment